Friday, January 8, 2010

Surge Protector Receptacle Should I Plug My Samsung HDTV Into An UPS Or Just A Surge Protector?

Should I plug my Samsung HDTV into an UPS or just a surge protector? - surge protector receptacle

I loved 52 "Samsung (LN52A650 that HDTV) I want to protect against voltage surges and interference. I could just buy a regular surge vessels coaxail the cable box or you may purchase a UPS. I guess my question is a sudden reduction in energy consumption, for example, via a standard surge protector damage my LCD HDTV?

I have a bad experience with my laptop was connected to an electrical outlet surge abruptly interrupted, and the result was that the screen of my laptop with a white vertical bar eternal approximately 2.5 cm in width.
Thank you!

2 comments:

Big River said...

I agree that the surge protector to keep the power on the TV, and I would like your laptop LCD is unlikely, so the possibility that the problem is the white line on your TV does not appear close to me.

The idea of a UPS is nice, but expensive. TV has more power than the computer, he would buy a UPS truck. Batteries should be replaced before the television.
I would not worry too much with a surge protector. "I usually work in a factory with a dozen LCD televisions. They crossed several bundles of energy, I know. If the outage longer than one second, they must be reset, which is activated again. This is to protect the TV itself. Take a good protector from Belkin as an increase in the satellite or cable feed can get in touch and by all the components in it.

BTW: NICE TV!

Anthony said...

Overload protectors protect only the device current when the power was increased. If there is) a sudden increase (or decrease in power, a surge protector will remain on the device. UPS, power supply or UPS, to protect the device during a certain period of time when the power is switched off completely. Depending on the battery of the UPS allows the devices to protect in a given period. UPS also against surges, so that only the inverter itself is required. I recommend purchasing a UPS, especially because of his vast experience and his new TV. They are not cheap, but I would do some research and find a good thing that can save the performance of your TV (or laptop) for a few minutes to review data and shut down the device can withstand. Like I said not cheap, and should be used to refuse to provide enough power to the connected device. There are expensive models, the current hour after power is past can help, but if you do not have a large budget, I would recommend GEttingen a UPS cheap, but reliable.

Post a Comment